Year-Round Benefits Management and Leave Administration.
Employee benefits are increasingly more complex, especially with the advent of the Affordable Care Act, and continuously changing leave laws. Let HR Works’ expertise work for you. We can help ensure compliance with changing federal and state regulations and reduce the risk of serious penalties for non-compliance.
Expert Service. With You in Mind
The HR Works team of trained Benefits and Leave Specialists will ensure both your employees and HR staff receive the support and guidance they need, so they can focus more time on their own mission-critical, strategic initiatives.
Our Employee Benefits Resource Center will provide your employees with the highest level of service and support. Our trained Benefits Specialists will educate your employees on every aspect of their benefits packages. This comprehensive model gives both your employees and your HR staff easy access to the answers and information they need to get the most out of the benefits you offer!
You will get more value from your benefits dollar as well. HR Works will reduce the cost of administering benefits while giving your HR staff more time to focus on recruitment, talent management, and other strategic initiatives that can help you build your business and add to your bottom line:
- Friendly Resource Center for employees
- Employee and manager self-service
- Work with your broker and carrier to ensure timely processing of changes
- New Hire benefits orientation and enrollment support
- ACA consulting and support
- Open Enrollment assistance
- Carrier invoice audits and reconciliation
- Claims advocacy
- Leave Administration
- COBRA administration
HR Works understands that you have a core business to focus on. Our leave administration services will keep your HR department in full compliance with the ever-changing federal and state leave laws, and free up your internal resources to allow your HR department to concentrate on other company initiatives and strategies. HR Works’ services are carrier neutral, so we can continue providing leave administration services in the event of a carrier change.
Our Leave Specialists serve as an extension of your HR Department by managing the leave administration, coordination, and tracking for your employees. HR Works’ Leave Specialists are here to answer your employees’ questions about FMLA, Disability, and State Paid Family Leave (PFL). Our Leave Administration team will respond to eligibility inquiries, Leave status inquiries, and all matters relating to employees’ leave.
Hands-on, personalized support model
- Day-to-day leave administration and dedicated Leave Specialist
- Employee resource center with dedicated 1-800#
- Employee communications (co-branded materials, etc.)
Depth of expertise
- Access to broad range of benefits expertise including consultation on COVID-19 State & Federal Leave laws
- Comprehensive, full-service HR consulting services
- Knowledge of state-specific leave laws including NY, NJ, WA, DC, RI, and CA
- Carrier neutral solution
- Integration with HRIS, time management, and payroll systems
New: Our Leave Administration Services now include the option to add our HR Compliance Helpline as an ancillary service. This combination offers an added level of support for HR departments, above and beyond day-to-day leave administration. Contact us to learn more.
HR Works will provide the required COBRA Notices and Election Forms to participants. Additionally, HR Works will collect COBRA enrollment premiums from participants, and remit payment to clients on a monthly basis, for payment of invoices.
Benefits Terminations/Qualifying Events:
- Understand employee changes triggering COBRA qualifying events.
- Prepare and send (with proof of mailing) COBRA Qualifying Event Notification packets including all required notices and coverage continuation election forms.
- Coordinate enrollment of the participant with the appropriate carrier(s).
- Create and mailing premium coupons for new COBRA enrollees.
- Collect monthly premiums from enrollees. Checks are made payable to HR Works, Inc. and remitted monthly to the client.
- Notify enrollee of late, missed, or partial payments.
- Send termination of coverage letters as needed.
- Communicate open enrollment plan and rates changes, as well as all required notices to enrollees.