Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has announced that the IRS has officially moved Tax Day from April 15 to July 15, giving extra time for individuals and businesses to file their taxes.
IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
- IRS Tax Forms for FFCRA Credit
- Notice 2020-21 Effective Date for Employment Tax Credits Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Notice 2020 -20 -Relief from Penalty for Failure to Deposit Employment Taxes
- Notice 2020-17, Relief for Taxpayers Affected by Ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic
- FAQs: Employee Retention credit under the CARES Act
- FAQs: COVID-19 Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses
Section 125 Cafeteria Plans
- Currently enrolled employees can switch coverage options, add family members, or drop coverage, if they certify in writing they are or will immediately enroll in other health coverage. The IRS provided a model attestation language employers can use for this purpose.
- Additional guidance was issued for Section 125 Cafeteria Plans – Modification of Permissive Carryover Rule for Health Flexible Spending Arrangements and Clarification Regarding Reimbursements of Premiums by Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangements