CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY ACT
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (HR 748), also known as the CARES Act, is a $2 trillion stimulus intended to protect individuals and businesses negatively impacted by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
- Guidance and Relief for Employee Benefit Plans Due to the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Outbreak
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR ISSUES NEW COBRA NOTICES FOR EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLANS
COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Posters:
Section 125 Cafeteria Plans
- 2021 guidance was issued for Section 125 Cafeteria Plans
- Currently enrolled employees can switch coverage options, add family members, or drop coverage, if they certify in writing they are or will immediately enroll in other health coverage. The IRS provided a model attestation language employers can use for this purpose.
- 2020 guidance was issued for Section 125 Cafeteria Plans – Modification of Permissive Carryover Rule for Health Flexible Spending Arrangements and Clarification Regarding Reimbursements of Premiums by Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangements
Sample Form Template: Section 125 COVID-19 Alternate Coverage Attestation