Date & TimeApril 29, 2020 9:00am - 11:30am
WhereHR Works Training Facility - 200 WillowBrook Office Park, Suite 246, Fairport, NY
PLEASE NOTE: HR ACADEMY CLASSES HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. NEW DATES TBD.
For the first time in history, it is common to have up to five different generations together in the workplace. This can present a unique challenge for organizations and supervisors. While every employee can bring value to an organization, generational differences can make it difficult for supervisors and peers to see the value in the differences. This session will provide an understanding of how generations are defined and examine some of the historical events that have shaped each generation. The session will focus on harnessing the value each generation brings to the workforce, as well as share some best practices to maximize engagement and bridge generational differences, by tapping into the potential of employees through a better understanding of what makes them tick.
- Gain an understanding of what is a generation and what factors influence them.
- Define the four main generations in today’s workforce and the characteristics of each.
- Understand the benefits of generational diversity and why it’s important to success in today’s business world.
- Shift perspective from the often negative stereotypes associated with different generations to a focus on the positive attributes each generation brings to the workplace.
- Learn techniques for recruiting, motivating, communicating with, and rewarding employees from different generations.
Target Audience: HR Professionals, Executives and Managers