This course will provide participants the opportunity to explore the changes that take place when an individual makes the transition from individual contributor to supervisor. The session will also examine the changes in approach to supervision that have occurred in response to the current business climate, including the need to interact with employees in a remote setting or with social distancing measures in place. The group will learn techniques to establish a climate of open communication, as well skills to set clear expectations, delegate tasks and give constructive feedback. Group discussion and a variety of interactive exercises will be a part of this training.
- Describe the changes that occur when transitioning from individual contributor to supervisor, especially in regard to relationships and boundaries
- Describe the difference between a transactional and engagement-based approach to supervision
- Establish a climate of open communication with employees
- Ensure that expectations are clear and comprehensive
- Delegate tasks effectively
- Give ongoing constructive and positive feedback to employees
- Formulate an action plan to transfer new skills to the workplace
HR Works, Inc. is a recognized provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® pre-approved this program for the number of HR (General) credits listed above, towards aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.hrci.org
HR Works, Inc. is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for the number of PDCs listed above. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.