This course will provide participants the opportunity to explore the changes that take place when an individual makes the transition from individual contributor to supervisor, as well as the changes in approach to supervision necessary to foster employee engagement and retention. The session will emphasize the importance of building appropriate professional relationships with employees, as well as setting boundaries. Participants will also learn skills to establish a climate of open communication, including an understanding of what and how to communicate with employees, benefits and strategies for effective delegation and fundamentals of employee feedback.
- Describe the change in professional relationships that occurs when transitioning from individual contributor to supervisor
- Explain methods for ensuring open communication with your team
- Develop skills to delegate work to employees effectively
- Develop skills to coach and give feedback to direct reports
- Foster accountable behavior among team members
HR Strategic Services Team Leader
HR Works, Inc. is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for the number of PDCs listed above. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HR Works, Inc. is a recognized provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® pre-approved this program for the number of HR (General) credits listed above, towards aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.hrci.org