In this course, managers learn how fostering a feedback rich culture can improve performance, engagement and retention. In addition, this session teaches managers that well-written documentation is critical for effective management of employees and support of employment and disciplinary decisions. Performance management should not be a once-a-year event, but a process that continues throughout the year. This session shows managers how to establish an effective system for ongoing performance management including setting clear expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback as a motivator, enabling managers to better engage employees and utilizing the 6 W’s of correct documentation.
- Describe the cycle of performance management
- Learn how an organization’s values tie to an effective performance management process
- Learn effective techniques for coaching, feedback and employee development to foster employee engagement
- Explain the importance of consistent, thorough and accurate documentation of employee discussions in the workplace
- Explain key points of discipline-related discussions.
- Document employee discussions by including the 6 W’s of documentation
Sr. HR Strategic Partner
HR Works, Inc. is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for the number of PDCs listed above. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HR Works, Inc. is a recognized provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® pre-approved this program for the number of HR (General) credits listed above, towards aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.hrci.org