In this interactive course, managers learn why traditional annual performance reviews are not effective and the importance of the manager-employee relationship in fostering employee engagement and retention. This session will help managers create an effective environment of ongoing employee feedback to enhance employee performance. Participants will learn to develop SMART goals and strategies for conducting performance review meetings. Hands-on activities will provide participants with opportunities to apply the skills they have learned.
- Recognize the need for change and why traditional annual reviews aren’t effective
- Describe the ongoing cycle of performance management
- Understand the impact managers have on employee engagement and retention
- Learn how constructive and supportive feedback motivates employees
- Understand the benefits of a performance management system
- Learn how to write effective employee goals
- Know how to conduct a successful performance review meeting
- Be aware of legal considerations of employee performance reviews
HR Works, Inc. is a recognized provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® pre-approved this program for the number of HR (General) credits listed above, towards aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.hrci.org
HR Works, Inc. is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for the number of PDCs listed above. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.