Stay in the know with HR Works – subscribe to our emails and receive our monthly HR Focus newsletter, HR Special Alerts, training and webinar announcements, and other important HR compliance news.
Complete the form below to subscribe.
- Tips For Successful HiringSuccess in hiring is not primarily controlled by an organization’s recruiters. Though recruiters can be wizards at attracting talented candidates to apply […]
- Exempt vs. Non-Exempt: The Importance of Proper FLSA ClassificationsWhat is an FLSA Classification? The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal law that applies to most private and public […]
- Supreme Court Rules High Earnings Aren’t Enough to Satisfy the FLSA Salary BasisOn February 22, 2023, the Supreme Court ruled in Helix Energy Group, Inc. v. Hewitt that an employee (Hewitt) who was classified […]
- The End of the COVID-19 National Emergency Will Impact COBRA Tolling DeadlinesThe Biden Administration announced that it will end both the COVID-19 National Emergency and Public Health Emergency (PHE) (collectively referred to as […]
- The IRS Reduces the Threshold for Requiring Electronic Filing of Information ReturnOn February 21, 2023, the IRS released final regulations which requires organizations to electronically file specified returns and other documents. The final […]
- NLRB Restricts Confidentiality and Non-Disparagement Clauses in Severance AgreementsOn February 21, 2023, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB or Board) issued a decision in McLaren Macomb which impacts certain confidentiality […]