Effective Date: 5/11/23
Your privacy is very important to us. Out of respect for your privacy, HR Works is committed to ensuring that the confidentiality of your personal information is protected and maintained.
The Information We Collect
Through your interactions with us and use of our Website, HR Works collects and may transmit personal data that you voluntarily provide to us (“Personal Data”). Personal Data that we collect and transmit includes:
- Your first and last name
- Your company name
- Your job title
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Any other information you give to us that permits us to identify or contact you
Additional Personal Data may be collected from you automatically when you access or interact with our Website (“Usage Data”). Usage Data includes information such as:
- Information about the device(s) you use to access the Website
- Your device’s IP address
- Your device’s operating system
- The type of application you are using
- The type and version of internet browser you are using
- The time and date of your visit
- Pages of our Website that you visit and time spent on those pages
- Unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data
Cookies are pieces of text that are transmitted by a website to a user’s browser and saved in a designated file for cookies on the user’s computer. Cookies help our Website remember information about your visit including your preferences and other information to help us enhance your user experience.
You may have the ability to change your browser settings to refuse to accept cookies. Please note, however, if you do not accept cookies, some features of the Website may be unavailable to you.
If you apply for a job with us we may collect personal information in a number of circumstances. Personal information we may collect includes: name, address, telephone number and other contact information; educational or other credentials, employment history and experience, volunteer work, and other information necessary to evaluate a candidate’s suitability for employment; together with any other information we may collect with your consent or as required by applicable law.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
Some of the ways in which we may collect Personal Data from you include, but are not limited to:
- When you complete one of our “Contact Us” forms
- When you sign up to receive our email communications
- When you register for one of our live or on-demand events
- When you complete a form to download content
- When you apply to join our company or express an interest in joining our company
- When you interact with us by telephone, email and other electronic communication
- When you interact with us on social media sites
- When you interact with us in person
- By making inquiries from third-party sources
- Automatically by using cookies and other tracking software, such as software that analyzes usage of our website
We (and our service providers) may disclose your Personal Data in the following situations:
- We may disclose your Personal Data to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to our vendors and service providers to help us deliver our services to you.
- We may disclose or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may share your Personal Data with vendors to provide remarketing or advertising services.
- Through the use of Google Analytics (For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page)
HR Works may use your Personal Data to connect you with our newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Why We Collect Your Personal Data
Most of the Personal Data we collect is provided to us directly by you so that we can bring our service and products to you. Your Personal Data is collected for our legitimate business interests or those of our service providers as outlined below:
- To provide HR consulting or other services as instructed or requested by you or your organization
- To provide and maintain our Website
- To manage and administer you or your organization’s relationship with us, such as billing, marketing, providing support services, and other activities relevant to the performance of our business relationship
- To contact you regarding updates to our products and services
- To provide you with news and general information about us and our services (unless you have opted not to receive such information)
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- To provide you information about our events which we offer that are similar to those you have previously attended or inquired about (unless you have opted not to receive such information)
- For insurance purposes
- To personalize the quality of our communications with you
- To prevent and detect criminal and/or fraudulent activity that would be damaging to you and us
- For employment purposes
- To promote our business to new and existing clients
- To analyze information so that we can improve our services
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. HR Works takes reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Because no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful. By continuing use of our Website, you understand that HR Works cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us.
Age of Consent
Our Website is not intended for use by those under the age of 18, nor is it targeted to those under the age of 18. If you use our Website, you hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from those under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, we ask that you do not provide any information on our Website through any of its features, and promptly discontinue use of our website. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request and obtain information about, or copies of, your personal information that we process, where we obtained your information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your information, and the third parties with whom your information is shared. You may also have the right to correct your personal information, or object to its processing. Lastly, you may ask us for information about when we typically delete stored information, or ask that information be anonymized or destroyed, depending on the situation and applicable laws. To enquire about any data rights you may have, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data We Sell or Use for a Business Purpose
HR Works does not sell the Personal Data we collect and will not sell it without providing you with right to opt out.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are residents of California to request the following information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes:
- A list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year
- The identity of certain third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year
- Where the nature of the third parties’ business is not reasonably determinable, examples of the products or services marketed (if we have that information) .
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at email@example.com.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser. Currently, given the lack of uniform implementation across browsers, our Website does not respond to “do not track” signals.
Phone: (585) 381-8340